Saturday, August 15, 2009

2:40am...

Eiko says...
I glance up at the clock that hangs on our wall over the comp and it tells me that it's already 2:40 am. But all I can do is shrug my shoulders and continue to browse the countless blogs that seem to be all the fuss and the rage these days among most young people in the Family. It's called insomnia, everybody--not the blog thingie, but the 2:40 AM thingie.
The sad truth is that my night shifts at Kappa have been having it's way with my body and has completely screwed up my body clock. I've been scrapping by with 1 to 3 hours of sleep for almost 3 weeks now and I'm not so happy about it. Sleep happens to be quite important to me, and not being able to sleep at night has added a few more wrinkles to my face that I have to fuss over now, and a few more grey hairs that I'll have to re-dye soon. But I realized that trying to get comfortable and sleep when your body isn't ready for it just adds to the stress of it all, and so I've decided to get smart and give up on sleep all together.
Some of you may argue that insomnia is all in the mind. Well quit arguing, 'cuz you would be arguing in vain! Because for the most part I agree with you. I think insomnia has a lot to do with your mental state. If you've got something that's worrying you, or you're just the worry wort type, or you simple enjoy thinking and pondering your sleep away, than that's probably your problem right there. In my case though, I think there's that and also my night shifts. My body just isn't up to sleep after coming back from work and taking a nice refreshing shower.
It's not a good thing though. Like I mentioned above, I've only been able to have 1 to 3 hours of sleep for the past few weeks, and on rare, happy occasions, I've been able to sleep 5, long, beautiful hours. But it's just not enough, and as insane as it may sound, taking naps is also quite difficult. I've tried taking naps, but the more I try, the harder it seems for me to sleep. I can doze for maybe 30 min. but not much longer. This has not been without consequences. I've experienced what I call, "sleepy high" where I become insanely happy to the point of being cheesy. I find myself laughing over stupid and serious things alike. I find myself making pathetic jokes. I find myself doing silly things in a very silly manner, and strangely, I find myself quite energetic. Of course, if there's a "sleepy high", than that means there's also a "sleepy low", and occasionally I collapse on the nearest chair, table, sofa, bed, door mat, whatever, and look like a zombie.
So, I've determined to change. How? By getting to the root of the problem, which I believe is my night shifts. Yup. I'm quitting. Of course, this is not the only reason why I'm quitting. There's a variety of reasons and excuses, but most of all, Jesus seems to be leading me to say good bye to my lazy boss and my co-workers and all the raw fish for something even better! Whoopee! I love the change journey!
I also love back massages, kaki pees, Boris, air conditioned rooms, and all the handymen that came and helped us out with our 4th floor renovation. You guys are THE guys! You saved T.O.M Home in a way that only you could, and my hat goes off to each of you. Thank you so much. God's got mighty awesome blessings up His sleeves that will rock your world to Heaven! I'm sure you're already seeing these blessings popping up in your life and home. If you're up for more blessings of this kind, there's always the 1st and 2nd floor renovation that you're welcome to help us with in the near future! Nyahahahaha!
Okay, although I'm only half way through catching up with the blogs in Mana's blog list, and although it is only 3:15 AM, I think it's about time I wrap things up here. I like you all and I love most of you. Have a good day.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love you Eiko...hope you stay happy and healthy regardless...
Ask Kenny to sing you a lala-bye song...haha

愛美 said...

I was just about to argue with you about my comments on insomnia but by the time I got to finishing your post I had nothing to say about 'your' insomnia. you put it quite clearly and there's no more room for arguing now. haha.
So that's what you're up to late at night. I bet you are a private follower. JK. tsk tsk. (just had to say that because of my most recent post on blow followers) I love you Eiko! can't wait to live near you guys soon and be able to chill with you more. xxx

Elena said...

ganbareee!! hehe! Oh yeah I like your blog, I found it the other week and I was like, "heeeey it's Eiko!!" hope you don't mind I linked you! ;) love you

.