Monday, September 6, 2010

moved in

Eiko says...

'Awesome' is the word for this past week, everybody! It's almost been a week since moving into my new apartment, and everything about the new place fits the description of awesome. I take that back. Almost everything fits the description of awesome. I said almost because we don't have air cons, and sweating it out in this heat isn't so cool. If we weren't as excited as we were about moving into our new place, we wouldn't have been able to move all our stuff in the car and out of the car, and then into the apartment, then up the stairs and into the closets in this effing heat without losing our marbles! We were literally sweating machines! Ironically, we ordered pizza for our very first dinner at our new place. The pizza was great, but it didn't really help the sweating factor. I remember being insanely full, hot, sticky, and dead tired the first night here. I took a shower, and sweated myself to sleep.

Since my first day of work is the 8th, there's plenty of time to check out the neighborhood and settle in, both of which I've been doing plenty of. We have a 業務スーパー nearby, as well as a few good second hand shops, family restaurants, a big 100 yen shop and a yamada denki, all within biking distance, and a Mini Stop right down the road. I'm loving the neighborhood.

The theme colors for my room are black and red, but if it weren't for the BF taking me to Ikea, and if it weren't for the super awesome oil painting he got for me in Thailand, I wouldn't be anywhere close to getting my room started on the righteous path of red and black. It's getting there though. It needs a lot of help, but it's getting there. I'll post the pictures in the next post.

I'm calling it a night.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to visit you guys!
-one of your sibs...

Eyeliner said...

Heh, heh. One out of the many siblings I have...

Unknown said...

That's AWESOME!!!
When can I visit you guys???

Eyeliner said...

Whenever is good for you, Sun-chan!

.