Saturday, January 1, 2011

holidays at Nasu

Eiko says...

Happy 2011, world!!
It's a brand new year, and I think I started it off right. I went back home to my parents' place and had a bunch of fun catching up on life with Mom and Dad, the younger siblings, BORIS, the relatives and the bunch. Mom and Dad's tiny cottage was packed and bustling with happy holiday spirit.

Along with celebrating a brand new year, we also had a belated Christmas party over lot's of food and drinks. Boris and I happened to be the cooks for these occasions, and spent all day in the kitchen baking, cooking, frying, and decorating. I cooked Christmas dinner last year as well, but only for 8 people. This year, with all the relatives present, (minus 4 = Yoko, Seiko, Rich, and Ryden) we had 21 Matsuoka's at this gathering, and cooking for everybody was quite exhausting.

Both me and Boris refused to cook anything traditional, and being that it's not even 'Christmas', we strayed far from turkey, pasta and gravy. Egg nog and wine were the happy exceptions. No need to eliminate those. We made pizza (boris made an amazing crust), some wraps, fried chicken, tiramisu, a cake, egg-nog, and appetizers. Cooking with next to zero counter space,...I think we did a good job.

To compliment the Christmas celebration, it snowed all day on the 30th, and everything outside was white! Check out the awesome pictures that I got from
Tom! She was our faithful camera-woman while Sam was suffering from a stomach ache/fever. There are some pictures from Sam later tough.

I'll post more pictures of the New Year's Party, the snow, and the family pictures of us all.












P.S

The following posts will center around this family get-together with lot's of pictures! AND! Yuya drew this totally amazing picture! Check it out at our art blog!

No comments:

.