Thursday, July 26, 2012

The remedy



I've been having some difficulty sleeping recently. Not like how it was before, where even 3 hours of sleep was a feat. It's just been terribly difficult to fall asleep in this FREAKIN' HEAT because I don't have a freakin' AIR CON!!! I toss and turn and try to get comfortable, but there's really nothing comfortable about sleeping in a sauna, and that's exactly how it feels like these days! I wake up drenched in sweat every hour or so, and falling back to sleep is just painful and takes so long! And worst part is that there's nothing that can be done about this.


 Or so I thought.


Every Wednesday night is what Boris and I call 'date night'. On date nights, we simply spend time together, sometimes over drinks at the HUB, dinner at a nice restaurant, a film at the cinnema, or even Disney Sea. It's a night reserved for just us, no matter what we end up doing, and last night was no exception.


We had made plans to go to Syzeria and indulge in their wine and shitty food, but those plans changed and we ended up enjoying a few drinks at home over an episode of Gossip Girl and some MSG laden junk food from our second favorite place in Koiwa--Ministop. Our #1 favorite place would be Marix, and that's exactly where we planned to go after our little at-home-hangout, to get a dance in and one more drink. (Or 5, depending on whether or not there will be any kind men who'd like to take our bill.) But plans changed yet again, and at around midnight I found myself walking to Marix alone. Boris wasn't feeling it.


Weeknights are definitely quieter at Marix, but past midnight, there are always a handful of Marix-addicts who just can't keep their Marix dose to just the weekends. Looks like I'm one of them too. I sat down and ordered. I really only wanted to stay there for an hour, one gin-tonic, and 5 ciggs, but you know, plans change. Especially if the guy sitting next to you offers to get you 3 more drinks, and isn't creepy about it, not to mention the fact that my new Crush ( the 35 year old married cutie) was there too! This all got me into a dancing mood, and I found myself dancing away with the other regulars there, and before I knew it, it was 2:30am, and I was exhausted! Time to go home. Crush walks me to the elevator and goes down with me. After a hug and a wink good bye, we go to our SEPARATE homes, and crash.


The next morning, I am VERY refreshed and feel energized! I realize that all the previous night's dancing around and laughing and drinking had exhausted me more than I expected it to, and that I slept 7 solid hours! I'm delighted! Guess I know what to do next time when I can't sleep! So here's a shout out to all those who don't have air cons who can't sleep because of it: Either get yourself an air con, or go to your nearest shot bar, get a drink (or five) and dance!



No comments:

.