Monday, July 23, 2012

The weekend

It's a Monday, and I hate Mondays! There's nothing fun about the first day of work, and making the switch from fun and play to work doesn't seem to get any easier, despite the weekly practice.

The weekend I'm recovering from right now was particularly enjoyable! Friday night started off with a sweaty, heart-racing, 2 hour-long session at Tipness, pounding on the treadmill and doing countless crunches on the mats. A very good start, I must say! I then spent the rest of the night until 6am-ish the next day, drinking all my efforts at the gym away with two male divorcés, one just 29 and slightly crazy, and the other in his 60's, crass and 100% crazy. I met these two loons at my favorite standing bar in Koiwa, and we all instantly hit it off! Our times together are always full of laughter, and the crassest comments and jokes you'll every hear in your life! That old man ought to bleach his mind--thrice!

Saturday: Despite having been out drinking till 6:00 am, I am proud (and actually quite surprised) to say that I dragged myself to Tipness for a work out at around noon. Once again, a VERY good start to a Saturday. I then indulged in some 'Gossip Girl' and a huge leafy, very healthy lunch, and got ready for my evening lessons. 

Teaching on Saturdays is a complete drag! I'm often slightly hungover, and my mind is distracted with thoughts of booze and fun. Thankfully, my students behaved themselves, and gave me an easy time to teach them, and before I knew it, I was enjoying my Saturday night the way I like to best! Started drinking with my boss and the gf at around 9:30pm, with 3 other lovely people at a very busy, slightly confusing, open air, barbeque style-ish place. The food they served was amazing to say the least, and although I'm not such a fan of food while I'm drinking, I found myself chugging away at the delicious grilled-goodies. Great start! My next stop was  Afrobeat Shinkoiwa, where I spent the remaining hour till last train, gin-tonic in hand and cigg in the other, trying desperately to ignore the  man to my right who was trying to get me to give him my number. Thing was, he had bought my drinks for me, and I felt obliged to be nice! This is my #1 biggest problem with free drinks! I hate the pressure I feel to be friendly and talkative!  It sounds awful, I know, but I go to bars and such to wind back and be myself, and sometimes, I really don't feel like talking! But I musn't complain. Free drinks are great!

Made the last train and zipped straight to Marix, a typical shot bar/dance floor place, the only equivalent to a club in Koiwa. This is where all the action is, apparently and that night, Marix was booming! Every corner was packed with inebriated people of all ages! From the occasional infant in a punk-dad's arms, the prostitutes, the slutty girls showing far too much legs and then some, the punks with their hair-that-won't-move and glittering ear jewelery, the middle aged women in clothes they shouldn't be wearing at that age, businessmen still in their suits, the sexy break dancers, the loners and wallflowers, all the way to the grey and wrinkly old man at the bar, hoping in vain for some action. THIS is Marix. 

I order the 'usual', and am lead to a vacant spot on the counter by 'bar-daddy' as Boris likes to call the super tall, 35 year old bartender in-charge, who can't seem to shut about his love for me. I  don't mind, because he's never been creepy about it, and also he fends off perverts and creeps that really do bother me. "I feel like punching anyone who I catch even looking at you!", he had said once with his squinty look. All well and good, but not very appreciated when he doesn't keep his 'punches' to just the perverts and creeps. Once I was having a perfectly civil, even pleasant conversation with a guy at the bar when all of a sudden, I feel an arm reach around my waist from behind! Startled out of my mind, I yelp and turn around, only to find myself face-to-face with 'bar daddy'! "Isn't my woman beautiful?", he said with a smirk stretching across his face! Horrified, I wiggled my way from out of his arms, and give him my evil look, to which he just shrugged his shoulders to. The customer I was talking to gave Bar Daddy the finger, and told him that he over stepped his boundaries and to fuck-off. Bar Daddy laughed at this, and walked off with a wink in my direction. I roll my eyes. That was one of the milder incidents. 


Bar Daddy was very busy this night, and was rushing his huge frame around, getting drinks to the already drunk, with little time for his flirtatious games with me. Good. I had the night to myself! Or so I thought. Creep to my right is staaaaaaaring at me! I turn in the opposite direction, and ignore. Creep is STILL staaaaaaaring. Ugh!
"Excuse me,..." Oh, shit. Here goes. I didn't even have a full drink in me and some weirdo starts talking! Where's Bar Daddy when I need him? I.G.N.O.R.E.
"Excuse me. Excuse me. Excuse me. Exc..." He was gunna go on and on so I thought I'd get it over with. 
"What?" I say turning around and looking this guy straight into his creepy eyes. I wasn't going to lose the stare down. 
"I have a problem. A big problem. It's big. " he said, which was a little different from what I was expecting him to say. 
"Well, what's that?" I ask, actually quite interested in what his 'big problem' was. 
"Well," he started, "it's weird, I feel this great, great urge to fuck...and not just sometimes A.L.L the time!" and, at 'ALL', his eyes popped, trying to make a point! WTF?
"Uhhhhhm." was my answer. Was this guy serious?
"Is this weird? Really. I really need to have sex. ALL the time! Aaaaaall the time! Wow! It's not normal, is it?" he continued. GeezUs, this guy was the biggest weirdo ever! It made me laugh!
"Sir, are you male? Like, you're not a girl, are you?" I ask, to which he replied, "No way!"
"Then don't worry, this is very, VERY normal! Cheers!" And with that said, I grabbed my gin and tonic and pack of ciggs, and moved to the dance floor area. Our conversation: OVER! 

The rest of the evening was great fun, with lot's of dancing and drinking! I know most of the regulars there, and they have all collectively decided that they like me. This is good. One of the regulars, who happens to be a very cool, mid-thirties dude, who likes acting like the world's best player, but who actually is the sweetest thing EVER, has taken a special liking to me. No problem here, because I like him back! When I first met him, I was in one of those moods where I didn't want any company, and I basically gave him the cold shoulder despite his efforts at friendly chatter. When we had started getting closer later on, he told me he thought I was the coolest, most unapproachable woman he's ever met and that it took him a lot of courage to talk to me the next time around. Ha! Well, at least I know my 'cold-shoulder-tactic' works well enough! He got over himself, though, and now we're always together, dancing talking and having a blast. Ironically, he's married with two children. Arrrrrgh! I'm like this magnet for married, unavailable men! Just my luck! It sucks!

Spent the rest of the night and early morning talking with him, and dancing, and also kicking some unwanted company away. I mean, seriously, I'm not something you can randomly grab! If you wanna dance with me, then ASK! That way, I can actually use words instead of actions to say no! Puleez. 

I ended my time at Marix turning down an 'offer' by one of the bartenders. He's nice, and not annoying, which is very important, but I'm not really into him. I'm into the 35 year old dude that is married and has children!! 
I found myself being pulled onto the dance floor while engaged in conversation with my new crush, and before I knew it, I was dancing with the bartender I just mentioned to my favorite song. 
"You like this song, don't you?" Bartender whispered in my ear. Ew.
"Yeah, that's right. Good for you for remembering!" I say, trying to keep the mood casual.
"I really like you. You're hot, smart, and (blah blah blah blah), and I think you and I should try meeting up some time and see how things fly." he continued in hushed tones. Crap. Hate conversations like this SO much!
"How 'bout we don't,...and say we did?" I tried again to keep things casual. He's a nice guy, and I like keeping things good with the bartenders in general so I know they'll have my back when I need it. Why does he have to make that so difficult for me? Why? Why?
"Why?" he asks. It's a simple question, but difficult to answer. 
"I don't know. I'm too tired to have this conversation, that's why." I say, really too tired, and just wanting to go home. 
"I really think we should try. C'mon. Walk in the park, I'll take you out, and besides,...I really want to see (blah blah blah blah blah blah *******) and I want to do (blah blah blah blah blah)" he continued, and all I can think of is 'crap' and 'ew'.
"In another world!!" I say blatantly. No ways, dude. No ways!
"Why? Why in another world? What's wrong with this one?" He is damn pushy when he wants to be. 
"Weell, for starters, you're in it..." I instantly regretted what spilled out of my mouth, but luckily for me, he didn't catch on! Although...it wouldn't have been that bad if he did. 

As soon as the song finished, I stumbled my way to my Crush, and tell him I'm heading home. He helps me look for my bag and jacket, and walks me to the elevator but doesn't go down with me, indicating that he'll keep his junk in his pants (for tonight). He tells me to be careful on my way home, and quickly adds (jokingly) that he'll be looking for my apartment the next day. He winks at me and I smile as the doors shut, all the while hating the fact that he's married. I stumble home.

I got home at around 7:00am. Exhausted, I collapsed in bed, and switched on Gossip Girl and let it drone on as in the back ground as I drift to sleep. I woke up at 2:00pm.

Sunday: Sleep. Wake up. Sleep. Wake up. Drink. Sleep. Gossip Girl. Boris. Drinks with Boris. Sleep.

Monday: Groggy. Another week of work. It's hot. I want some lemonade with no sugar.

Can't wait for next Friday!

 

No comments:

.