Thursday, August 5, 2010

Post #2 of summer vaca 2010


Eiko says...

The list of movies I watched during my 6 day vacation:

Staring Christina Ricci and Liam Neeson, 'After Life' is about a young woman caught between life and death...and a funeral director who appears to have the gift of transitioning the dead, but might just be intent on burying her alive. My least favorite movie that I watched this week.
A movie about a young shut-in takes an imaginary road trip inside his aparmtent, based on mementos and memories of a European trek from years before. A very quirky film with loads to get you cracking up! The charactor 'Bunny' reminds me of a messed up version of my dear bro Hiki. Loved this one!
It's an epic 2004 film staring dear old Denzel Washington, and I finally got around to watching it! It's about a former assassin who swears vengeance on those who commited an unspeakable act against the family he was hired to protect. This film is one of those rare gems that Hollywood produces. A must-see!
This film reminded me of Oceans 11, but had it's original twist to it. I must say, I loved Jason Statham in it! Classic movie, great plot, good acting! Loved it!
A sweet 'chic-flick' with a touch of magic! Cute story, cute guy, cute plot! The perfect 'light' movie after something like 'Man on Fire'!
The BEST zombie movie EVER, across the board! I really enjoyed this one! A great comedy to sit down to and laugh your heart and waist line away to!
What can I say? Nicholas Sparks did it again with one of his sappy love stories that always sting... in a sad kind of way. It was realistic, sweet, sad DRAMA! I liked it though. Channing was awful cute in it.

The places I ate with Boris during our 6 day vaca:

-McDonalads
'Cmon! Mc 'D is classic! Regardless of the fact that it tastes like tasted c
ardboard, you have to go there at least once during a vacation, and we went like... 3 times! An all time favorite is the cheese burger and their coffee! A new favorite is their 'juicy chicken' that they sell for 100 yen per piece. It's a fairly new addition, and if you haven't tried it yet, I highly recommend it! You won't be disappointed!
You also gotta love their new Mc Cafe' designs! Quite classy if I may say so myself.

-KFC
They totally shrunk their 'Twisters', and their potato fries aren't worth eating, but their chicken is to die for, and so we ate there once. Delicious.

-Gusto
Only for their drink bar and for the fact that they are open 24-7! Went there twice and enjoyed many leisurely talks with Boris over their drinks.

-Cafe Marche
Steph held true to his word and let us eat for free at Cafe Marche for filling in a shift d
uring our vacation. It's a completely different feeling if you're in the cafe as a customer! Loved Sam waiting on me! Haha!

-Made pastas on several occasions. An all time fav!

All in all had a smashing vacation! Rested up, watched a great deal of great movies, cached up with my BEST friend, and am ready for the MOVE that will be happening first thing come September! We FOUND the PERFECT APARTMENT! It has a loft, and a balcony and plenty of space to breath and live! I can't wait to move in! Woo hoo!

And I need an effing job!!!


Drinking coffee at Gusto waaay past midnight!


On our way to Shibuya, we decided to take some pictures of our shadows!


Sushi night!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Fun fun :)
I like Italian job too! Jason, oh yes!

Isamu said...

haha zombieland was a classic. not for united viewing though. And Mac's has been my SALVATION here in taiwan.

Eyeliner said...

I'm definitely not a Mc D fan, but it's cheap, and you really can't say no to MSG...

.