Sunday, August 1, 2010

2010 summer vaca day 1,2,3,4

Eiko says...

Welcome to the first of my 2010 summer vacation post! The very one and only Boris is here to contribute to the fun, and together, we are wreaking havoc on the Adachi-ku night streets and loving every moment of it. We live a complete night life over here where we sleep half of the morning away, and laze the rest of the afternoon through with movies and naps and snacks, and we reserect from the zombie life that we lived all morning and come alive after the sun sets, and hit the streets--like vampires! Eff the Collins! They're #ussies! The Matsuoka vamps know how to rock the night life. I mean, my great grand dad knew how to party better than Edward, and I don't even know my great grand dad!
Whatever!

Day #1 (29th)

The Adachi-ku Hanabi taikai was the perfect kick start to my vacation! Since it was raining buckets all morning, not to mention the terrific wind that was blowing everything in it's path away, I honestly thought that they'd cancel it. But a few hours before the designated time, the rain stopped and they carried on as planned! Okasan ordered an amazing amount of sushi, and the home bought the drinks. Beer is the ultimate omatsuri beverage EVER--a definite must-have. As if that weren't enough, (well, there never really is 'enough' when it comes to food) J.D. made awesome fried chicken and even more sushi! You can't go wrong with stuff like that. Boris came in just time to enjoy the yummies! Kampai to an amazing vacation!
After we finished dinner, we went out to Gusto for a late night out. We chilled and chit-chatted over a drink bar until an ungodly hour, and finally got home at around 4:30 AM ish. Yup. I was serious about the "night-life" thingie.

Day #2 (30th)

Slept in, and had a brunch over a movie called "After Life". It was interesting. I think I liked my granola that I was eating better than I liked the movie. But than again, my granola was pretty damn good! Boris has a to-die-for recipe for the best granola that you could ever imagine eating, and she made me some of this kick-ass granola! I'm loving it!
Anyhow, after the movie, we napped. I was woken from that nap by Ken, who had a proposition to make:

-Proposition
"We have around 30 customers and we were hoping you would lend us a hand with the waitressing. Stephan says he'll pay you and give you a free meal from the cafe."

I think I mumbled something that resembled I'll think about it, and rolled over and continued my nap. After a few more minutes of Zzzzs, I rolled out of bed, and decided that it wouldn't hurt to have some extra vacation money, although my first thoughts were along the lines of 'no ways am I working a shift in the cafe during my vacation!' Well, I ended up agreed to taking the shift despite it being my vacation and Boris was cool enough to lend the cafe a hand too!
With the time we had before our shift, we made a tiramisu for the movie night we were planning with Dawn and Yasu, and then I ran Boris through the steps of waitressing at Cafe Marche, and got her outfit together. The steps of waitressing at Cafe Marche is nothing complicated. Just gotta keep your eyes peeled for the customers happiness, memorize your standard lines, be polite and SMILE!
Boris and I had the 6 to 8 shift, and I was shocked to enter the cafe that was jam packed with 30 customers! That's a ton of people considering the fact that our cafe looks packed with just 20 customers!
A secular band was performing, and all of his fans decided to show up! The majority of the fans were women, and for very understandable reasons. The guy was cute (although very short), and had this knock out wife and adorable child! They were by every standard, the 'looks' couple for sure. I guess the wife explained the male fans that showed up that evening.
Anyhow, it was hectic and confusing, but knowing that we were getting paid was very comforting. After our shift, we watched 'The Italian Job' over the tiramisu that boris and I made. Loved that film! We got to bed at around 2:00 AM. Not so late.

Day#3

Woke up fairly late, dragged ourselves out of bed and had a brunch over a movie called "Bunny and the Bull". I laughed so hard, it would have taken the place of an abs work out!! Very quirky, hilarious and sweet all in one film!
After lazing around a bit more, we walked to the only mall in walking distance, window shopped, and stopped by a Mc. D on our way back, which we stayed at till 10:30. Walked home and called it a night.

Day #4

No sleeping in today! Got up at normal time and went out with Dawn and Yasu to check an apartment that we had our eyes on for a while. It seemed like a dream when we found it online, but when we actually walked through the house, and saw exactly how fantastic it really was, I just knew we had to live there! I want it so bad! Pray that there are no complications in getting this baby!
Got back and watched "Man on Fire", another epic by Denzel Washington, over a brunch. Loved everything about this movie! It's a must-see if you haven't yet. After that, Went out for a bit of shopping and ate a meal at Cafe Marche with Boris. I appreciate the cafe a lot more when I enter it as a customer rather then the waitress. And that's as far as day 3 goes, because now, I'm blogging, and I'm not so sure about our future plans! Will update you all with more as it comes.

News:

I applied for Baskin Robbins! Pray I get the job! I neeeeed it!

2 comments:

T.M. said...

Awww. Sounds like you're having a blast. So happy for you both! I got a killer purple dress for one of you. It's 80's punk style. And I can't decide which of you it will suit better. Since you're both so stylish and cool. It's really strange, thus the awesomeness factor ... I'm thinking I'll give it to the both of you ;)

Praying you get a job! Hugs!

Eyeliner said...

Ooooh la la! The killer purple dress sounds amazing! Tx, sis!
Can't wait till u get to Japan! Luv u much!!!

.