Saturday, July 24, 2010

tsukareta atsui yo~

Eiko says...

I just showered off an insanely busy night shift at our cafe! We had over 20 customers ordering the dinner sets, the alcoholic beverages and otsumami all at the SAME TIME--literally! Well, they can go ahead and order away, but it doesn't mean that they'll get what they want the moment they order it. Unfortunately, some seem to forget that we are merely humans running the cafe.

I got a lot of:

"Can't you see that we're thirsty? Where's the beer I didn't order yet?!"

"We're drinking here! How do you expect us to drink without any food?"

"I ordered 5 minutes ago! I'm hungry!"


"Dude, notice that you're among 20 + customers with only one of me, trying to serve y'all! Take a hint and quit waving your glass at me! I also only have two hands. Patience would be very appropriate."

is NOT what I said, although I might have felt like it at one point or another.

Instead, the words that I found myself repeating over and over and OVER again were,

「大変お待たせいたしました。」
「大変失礼いたしました。」
「申し訳ございません。」

Also, the air-conditioning decided to go on strike or something because they started acting up, and soon, we had many customers complaining about the heat! Hell! It was cooler outside than in our little cafe, and that speaks volumes! If it really was cooler outside, than the customers sure had something to bitch about. I mean, counting all the staff and customers together, there were around 30 people in the cafe, it's Tokyo, people were drinking and eating, there was live music that everybody was grooving and clapping and moving to, AND the cooling system went bonkers! BUT! Just imagine how hot it was for me, and all the Marche staff who were on duty! We were all running around, taking and serving orders, apologizing for late orders, wiping up messes, washing dirty dishes, and making sure the customers were happy, SWEATING buckets! I soaked my shirt through! Ew!!

We really need to do something about our air-con problem. Like YESTERDAY!
On a happier note, Stephan brought home a ton of mangoes and watermelons that are just what you want to eat on a sweltering summer day. It's fruit heaven here at Lodge Home. I'm loving it.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my, ganbatte ne

.