Saturday, July 24, 2010

Rufus

P.B. says...

One rainy night, a stray cat came to our house, crying its head off. I gave him some fish to keep him quiet, then, what do you know...he came the night after that and the next and the next, crying away. So now he stays all day on our front door, in hopes of someone to pity him and give him some food. Well,he never gets disappointed and that 'someone' happens to be me. I claimed him as my pet cat, and even named him after one of my favorite actors―Rufus.




There were some suggestions of calling him Puss in boots, or Berúthiel( from The Unfinished Tales, The istari, Notes, who kept 10 cats as her slaves), but really, it would sound too odd if I called him 'puss' or 'beru' after the psycho Queen, so I'll just stick with Rufus.

Well, that's all from Icthus home. See you all later...

3 comments:

Ai said...

Ahem, let's get this clear. Rufus is not YOUR cat. I have as much right to claim him as you. And anyway I would say it's the other way around. Rufus is the one who's doing all the claiming. Really, who's the slave and who's the owner? :D

Eyeliner said...

Akfa.
If I were you, I'd totally call him 'puss'! I take on after Hiki.
LOL!

Nina said...

WHATA CUTE CAT! haha nice debate over names...sounds like our family...

.