Thursday, July 22, 2010

changes

Eiko says...

So here's the news.

I am moving out of Lodge Home with Yasu, Dawnie and Kippins into an apartment, sometime in the next 2 or 3 months. It's been a great stay at Lodge Home, and I've learned many new things, as well as stashed extra experience under my belt for the future. I was also able to build wonderful friendships here, which I will miss terribly. BUT! I would be lying to say that I'm unhappy about moving out. I feel like my stay here has ran it's course, and I'm up for some change and excitement! Whoopee!
We haven't exactly decided on an apartment yet, but we're hoping to get it within the area--something not too far away. But first things first! Step number 1 is getting a job. Yup. I'm still job-less. Pray that I find something convenient, well-paying, with tons of cool co-workers, a boss that doesn't yell at me and that's within a reasonable distance.

I was with some of our friends' kids today so that they could attend a Bible class 'noise and racket free', and since the heat was unbearable, and also because my legs were sore beyond words due to some running I've been doing recently for exercise, I decided that playing games and/or engaging our minds in educational anything would be unreasonable, both for me and them, mentally and physically. Well, thank the good Lord for Disney cartoons, because today, they were salvation itself! We had a video tape of Tarzan in Japanese lying around, and since it happens to be one of my favorite Disney cartoons, and also since I haven't watched it in Japanese before, I decided it could very well be an exciting experience. It WAS! Especially when the song 'Two Worlds' began to play....IN JAPANESE! Somehow, I was expecting Phil Collins to be singing it. What was I thinking? I was stunned, just staring, unable to do anything else. I mean, whoever was singing it completely ruined it! Oh, well. The songs aside, I liked it. So did the kids. I think our favorite part is when the gorillas trash the camp!

Okay, Disney stuff aside, it's HOT! Just the fact that I'm breathing is a miracle! This miracle is called 'modern technology'. (a.k.a air-cons ) Yup. This is how we survive the summers in Tokyo. It's either your electricity bill or your funeral expenses. If you put it that way, it's pretty easy to make the decision to turn the air-cons on.


No comments:

.