Friday, July 23, 2010

who's ur prince, sleeping beauty?

Eiko says...

Remember how I mentioned in several posts that I have difficulty sleeping? Some people call it insomnia. Some people believe that insomnia is all in the mind, and that people are blowing the sleepless nights waay out of proportion. Whatever. I don't really care what you call it. The point is that as an 'insomniac' you can't sleep for one reason or another, and apparently, I had it bad. But do take careful notice that 'had' is a past tense. I can sleep quite well these days, and I couldn't be happier for it! I actually set an alarm clock these days to make sure I wake up on time! Those who know me well, know that this is nothing short of a miracle! Happy!

But! The strangest thing happened the other day where I experienced sleep paralysis--something that hasn't haunted me in a while. I kept falling in and out of the paralysis state, and I couldn't shrug off the sheer terror of the moment. I just wanted to wake up. I just wanted to be able to breath. Unfortunately, I haven't found a way to control the paralysis. I don't even know if you can. It just hadn't happened in a while, and came as a shock to me--a bad shock. I always firmly believed that, although science seems to have an explanation for it, it is a very spiritual experience--and not at all a good one. I'm interested in anybody who has learned to combat sleep paralysis, physically/spiritually/mentally. It's something I've done some research on, but never really could find a concrete solution to. I'm just happy it doesn't happen so often anymore.

Whatever. We're not going to dwell on something as negative as sleep paralysis.

To end this post on a happy note, my summer vaca is coming up fast, and I can't wait! I'm hoping to spend some good quality time with the people that I love, and I'm hoping to make the most out of it. Boris, hurry up and get your act together!! We're going to have a blast this summer!! *wink*




No comments:

.