Monday, August 6, 2012

knives, dancing and a bloody mary

Last night, while enjoying a Gin Tonic and sharing Ken's Bloody Mary at Marix, a lady worker from another shot bar right around the corner came bursting through the entrance, panic stricken and out of breath. I sometimes go to the shot bar where she works at for a change from Marix and for different company, and she always greets me with a smile, very friendly and chirpy and also quite the calm character. So needless to say, I was quite worried when I saw her rush in like that. Her eyes were like saucers, and her hands were shaking. There was obviously something terribly wrong going on.


She darted around a bit, looking for Bar Daddy, frantically calling his name, and when Bar Daddy lazily appeared from the back, words like 'killed' and 'knife' and 'dead' came spilling out of her mouth! Very alarmed, I tried my best to make out what she was saying, but she was panicking and her sentences really didn't make much sense to me. Yanking at a very calm, almost uninterested Bar Daddy's arm, she rushed out of Marix with him and into the night. I raised my eyebrows at Ken. Wow,...okay...


After 10 minutes or so, Bar Daddy came back, with the same calm, slightly lazy expression and sat next to me at the counter, and ordered a drink. We clink our drinks, and I gave him like 30 seconds to enjoy his first sip. I was ready to hear an exciting story!


"So, what was that all about?" I say, with my biggest, most eager smile, wanting all details!
"Nothing." Was his very unsatisfying answer. I made a face.
"That wasn't nothing!" I pressed, "C'mon, did someone get hurt? What happened?"
"Just some idiot with two knives, trying to kill his idiot girl friend at the other bar, that's all!" He said with a shrug, as if incidents like this were a regular happening. That's all?? That's wow!
"Oh my gooood!" I'm all dramatic now, and I press for more and more nitty gritties.
"He must've cut her somewhere along her arm, but I couldn't tell because of all the blood. Got the police over. They can take care of it. Idiots!" he spat, slightly annoyed that he had to leave his cool spot at the counter to deal with the mentally disturbed of Koiwa.
"Police? Wow! How many? Was everyone ok? Did anyone else get hurt?!" Morbid, I know, but I like stories like this. I wanted him to go on, but he didn't seem to be in the mood for banter.
"Many police, everyone's okay." he said in a 'story is finished' kinda way. Well, that would have to do for now. It was enough. With a satisfied smile, I turn to my drink and talking with dear Ken, and we ended the evening with lot's of very energetic dancing and shimming on the dance floor.


I have yet to see knives and blood and that sort of things at Marix, but I have been warned by many not to go on a Saturday night alone. It won't be long till I will for sure. I'll take the pictures!



No comments:

.