Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Obon Holiday

My first day of work after a week off for Obon was sluggish and painful as expected. My liver has been working double time, my lungs were suffocating for lack of fresh air, and my eyes were puffy for lack of solid sleep. I was a mess and looked it! Such is the cost of true fun and partying!

Here's how I spent my Obon Holiday.

1.
I met up with dear Kenny in Shibuya to watch The Dark Knight Rises. I loved it!! I didn't love our seating arrangements though (front row, unfortunately), but it couldn't be helped, and the neck pain was worth the show! 
That evening, Sasa met up with me in Shibuya, and after a few Happy Hour drinks at the HUB, we unintentionally missed our last train while clubbing at Gas Panic. So we took a cab and killed the remaining hours till first train at Roppongi, drinking unhealthy proportions, dancing with random strangers, and trying to stay clear of creeps that want things you don't want to give them. It was a totally exhausting night out. Roppongi is losing it's luster fast! Good thing Sasa and I are close friends and kept things fun for each other. If it was just me, I would've seriously lost it on at least one of the guys who couldn't keep theirs to themselves! Ugh! Disgusting.

2.
I spent a lot of time working out at Tipness. There's something quite lovely about working out without a time-limit, without needing to be somewhere in 50 minutes, and just knowing that after you exhaust yourself, you can soak in the sento, get comfortable in the sauna, cream down in front of the vanity mirrors, and then collapse on the massage chairs and take a long nap.

3.
Boris and I made a fantastic discovery! There's a Jonathan's near our place that is open for 24 H, and we've decided that this will be our new hang out spot. So after spending a full lazy day at home, and wanting to still be lazy and do nothing, but just in a different environment, I stumble over to Jonathan's, order some small dish with the drink bar and a bottle of wine, and watch a few DVDs on my laptop.  Then, when I tire of DVDs, I switch to novel reading. This is VERY VERY GOOD!

4.
Of course, I hung around the bars surrounding my place, chatting with the bar tenders and their customers. Very nice, very relaxing, as always. Speaking of chatting, I made a new acquaintance: a certain Australian that I've seen around before, but never really got into a conversation with until just last weekend. He's a good looking guy, big framed, with colorful sleeves all the way to his wrists. There's a ring on his wedding finger, so he's married, but I wouldn't have guessed it if I were to judge by the way he looked at me, and turned to one of my friends who was standing next to him and said 'Damn! It's the woman I saw at Marix! She's hot!! Do you know her? Are you going to get her number? Cuz if you're not, I think I'll give it a shot.' I'm guessing he thought I couldn't speak or understand English because as soon as I ordered my wine in English, I noted that his eyes popped, and he made a slight 'oohps' face. Very cute. 
Anyhow, we talked for hours that night, and after I got to know him I decided that he wasn't half the creep I thought he would be. Perhaps we'll talk again. Dunno. Don't really care. He's fuckin' married, for beans sake! I'm tired of the taken hitting on me. Some single men, anywhere?

5.
I deep cleaned my apartment. Seriously, I'm the ONLY one who cleans up, and there are four of us living together! Do you know how much crap accumulates over the short period of 3 days when there are 2 boys and 2 girls living under one roof? A lot! I shouldn't have to be doing this. But living in filth gets to me, like it should to everyone else. I don't mind a mess here and there, or things not organized to a T. But dust, stray hair, mold, and other such shit is just gross. It's worth when it's someone else's crap you're cleaning up too! Ugh!

6.
With the remainder of my holiday, I contaminated my mind with Gossip Girl and Dexter, a glass of wine in one hand, and a cigg in the other.

All in all, it has been a very relaxing vacation and I enjoyed every second! I originally wanted to plan a trip or party with friends but I'm glad I didn't. I needed a lazy vacation and it did me well. I'm ready and well equipped for the next few weeks of torture!

Can't wait till the next one, which is actually coming up soon in September!

Life is good!

No comments:

.