Saturday, July 4, 2009

Kiyoa's 1st Birthday EVER!!

Eiko says...
We love you soooo much, Kiyona!
Yuri and I baked these two Chiffon Cakes below, and we were very pleased when they rose beautifuly. But aren't the decorations just adorable? Yuri decorated the colorful one, and I did the boring one. BUT!! Notice the orange peel-ribbons! Ken's brilliant mind and my careful finger work created those! (Applause)

We were hoping that Kiyona would jump on the cake and get all messy like normal 1-year olds, but I think we pressured her a bit too much to do so, because she started crying. Oh, well. We cut her a slice, and she liked it that way.

And here's a picture I took of a sketch I drew of Kiyo-pee. Sorry for the bad quality of the picture. I'm far too lazy to hook up the scanner these days.

So, how do you like?

2 comments:

Hiki said...

Excellent piece of art Ei-chan! You're getting better and better!

-Hiki

Anonymous said...

じょうずだよ。Keep it going.

-Yumi

.