Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Working at Kappa-Zushi!!

Eiko says...

I don't know what I was expecting when I agreed to the night shift, (which is from 9-12pm), but it wasn't this....that's for sure. Not that I don't like it or anything. I like it fine! I've got a friendly boss who has a sence of humor, my co-workers are polite and good teachers, my costume is by far, an improvement from Omuraisutei, and the work is easy to remember. But I guess the whole, walking-30min-to-work, working there from 9-12 (which is a time I usually unwind and do stuff that's more of a relaxing nature), than walking back and getting home way past the princess hour, is definitely more tiring than I expected it to be. But the plan is to get used to the schedule, and than eventually, be tired less.

It was interesting though...
My boss called me over for an hour of "practice" and getting to know my job, and we quickly ran through what I'll be doing. I will be the person who will count the plates and bowls and give ppl their checks, and also the person who will be cleaning up after everyone's messy meals, and closing shop, etc. It was a good hour of crammed information, and I was doing my best to absorb every bit. You see, my boss has a bad habbit of slurring the end of his sentences, especially if he assumes that you get what he's trying to say. Very annoying though, because I'm the kind of person that you have to go over the same point several times in order to feel confident to do the given task. Anyway, I did my best to keep up with his poor explanations and half-sentences, and I think I did a relatively decent job with what was given. But I seriously doubted my boss' sanity when he asked me to fill in the 9-12 slot the very next day!! I even told him so. Not that I thought he was crazy, but that I didn't think I was capable just yet. I mean, although he did go over the stuff that I was suppose to do with me, there was no real "practice". It was mainly manuals and word instructions. Well, his reply to my saying I wasn't so sure of filling in a full slot without more practice was, "No worries. You'll get used to it."
Right. Okay. Sure.

So the next day, I did my best from 9-12, and it wasn't as difficult as I was anticipating it to be. I also realized that I absorbed around 70% of what my boss was waying, which really isn't so bad considering all the sluring. My fellow 9-12 co-workers also helped me with the 30% that I missed, and all that put together I got the hang of it, and it was a good evening. Mom and Dad saved me the walk back home. What sweetos! Got home, took a shower, read Word, and slept somewhere past 2:00am. I gotta get used to this.


It's definitely a learning experience though. Working there has forced me to be on time, is training me to accomplish more in a shorter amount of time, is teaching me respect for my other co-workers, and is good practice for staying cheerful and happy regardless of my situation, how I feel etc. (which is usually tired and wanting to bonk every customer after 10:00). It also keeps me desperate with the Lord and the New Weapons.

It's mecha-kucha good!

2 comments:

kenfrog said...

I read your post until the end. You're not a bad writer at all. I'll be praying your work goes well, and I am considering working there with you...think they'll have me?

Yumi said...

I'll be praying 4 u. Hope you don't get too tired.

-Yumi

.