Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Dinner

Eiko says...

WHAT'S UP?!!!!

Do you remember the movie "Jesus" (starring Jeremy Sisto) where at the end of the film, Jesus walks down the street in modern clothes and welcomes a crowd of children that come running at him? Well, I just found out the other day while watching the movie with Boris, that what he's saying to the kids is, "What's up?" This disturbed me greatly. Don't ask me why. Anyway, that's completely irrevelant. Let's go on with the Christmas post!

It was the first time we were able to celebrate Christmas on the 25th, and also the first time we celebrated Christmas with no one else but our family. Christmas dinner was very laid back, relaxed, and enjoyable, not to mention yummy if I may say so myself! LOL!

I made Christmas dinner and had a hard time figuring out how much 8 people would eat on Christmas. I found out that we're not such big eaters, and although I thought I made barely enough, we had some left overs and everybody ate till every corner of their stomachs were packed and stuffed.

Menu:

*Fried Chicken
*Mashed Potatoes with gravy
*Pasta
*Cream Stew with biscuits
*Salad
*Apple Pie
*Punch

After dinner and the dishes, we watched "Enchanted" all together, and that includes Dad and Mom. I wasn't so sure how they'd like it esp. since Dad doesn't like comedies, and cringes when Owen Wilson, Jacky Chan, Mr. Bean and Jim Carey are on screen, but they both really enjoyed the film.

Me: Hey, Dad, how did you like the movie?
Dad: I like her.
Me: Gazelle?
Dad: Yes. I think she's cute.
Me: Ah! So, you're into stupid-princess-like-girls?
Dad: That's why I married your Mother!
Me: Ahhhhh, right...
Dad: Don't tell her I said that. Hahaha!
Me: No worries Dad. She won't find out!

I ended my Christmas with a hot bubble bath-- alcohole in one hand, and dark chocolate in the other-- with my favorite songs playing in the background. It's most relaxing. You should give it a try when you feeling like treating yourself to something extra special. Hot bathes are my most recent, new "thing"--perfect after a long day in the kitchen (which is every day, 'cuz I cook all the meals.)
Anyway, I had a good Christmas.
Check out the photos.









No comments:

.