Thursday, October 22, 2009

A Tuesday

Tuesday was a very productive day off.
I woke up at the godly hour of 9am, made myself an omelet breakfast, and had some good Word time.
And in celebration of the amazing amounts of hair I'm losing these days, I curled my hair. Yuppers. I'm losing hair like it's molting season or something. Hand fulls at a time! It's a day of celebration indeed. I always had enough hair for three, and I'm losing just the right amount when I say "hand fulls".

I went out with Non-chan for some "sister time". Had loads of fun, catching up on each other's life, eating our sanckies and sampling and re-sampling the bakery's new additions. It's what we do whenever we go to Maruetsu and pass by the bakery. If there are any samples out, we will pass the baskets 3 to 4 times until we ate enough to get full. Yum!

On our way back, I bought some bread for Boris. She was in paradise the three minutes that the bread lasted her. I love Boris!!

Then we had a Matsuoka barbecue at Toneri. We were only 3 short of the 12 of us, and the wives (Dawn, Leika and Angel) were all present, with their mecha kawaii kids. That made 19 of us plus Isamu Tanaka! In a few years when the brothers have yet more kids, and when more of us get married, it's going to be a massive gathering. Dad and Mom might as well give up trying to remember names! Ha!
"Ryan? Who's Ryan?"
"Mom,....Ryan as in Hiki's kid?"
"What? I don't know any Ryan"
"Mitsuo? Ryan?"
"Oh, oh, oh! I know Mitsuo!"

Anyway, it was one, tasty barbecue! Leika was the one marinating the meat after all! Can't go wrong with Leika's cooking!! Oishikatta!

When I got back home, I decided to exercise my drawing skills, and started working on Ioan Griffud, (or however you spell his name) but got lazy half way and am now working on a entirely new project. Boris kept me entertained by reading to me one of her many vampire novels that she downloads when she PMSs.

Later on in the evening, somebody came up with the idea of a pizza/sushi hang out, and Yuriko and I decided to be maximizers and made the pizza. The sushi was canceled, so everybody had to eat our ... slightly delinquent pizzas, but they didn't complain. Matsuokas don't complain when it comes to food. Eheh!
Hiki and Angel told us their love story, how they met at the XD, how Hiki was bruding and was reluctant to lend Angel his shirt when she was only in a bikini and he had two shirts to share, how he proposed to her over skype. Sam and Leika also shared their story of love. Apparently Sam propsed to Leika twice! I didn't know that! And although I am much more familiar with Yasu and Dawn's story, it was fun to hear it again, especially with new company. The pizza didn't taste that bad, we all laughed and stayed up till quite late. Most of us didn't show up for devotions.
It was a happy, happy day!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wish I could be there(BBQ)!!!
Matsuoka GIRLS need to get married!

.