Saturday, October 3, 2009

FDTP owari.

I must admit, I had a ton of fun. I can't believe that I ever complained or fussed about going. I met so many cool people , attended so many inspiring and motivating classes, and was able to concentrate on my walk with the Lord. All in all, FDTP was an experience that I wouldn't trade the world for!
But despite all the fun that I had there, when the last day rolled around, I just knew that it was time to go Home. Even the heavens agreed with me and contributed to the occasion with lot's of gloomy clouds and rain--the kind of weather that screams, "good bye". It was sad to say good bye to the people that you've grown to love and respect and who you built special bonds of love with, but strangely enough, I didn't cry. I think I had cried the last storage of tears for the week the night before during the Ending Ceremony.
And I hate packing my bags and cleaning up after the mess that I make at camps. That makes me sound like such a loser, but it's true. After something so dynamic like this FDTP, you just don't want to have to think about packing up and scrubbing anything. You just wanna say good bye, and go home, and get it all over with, with your last memories of the Academy to be your friends teary-eyed face or the feeling of their hugs and kisses as opposed to deep-cleaning Building B, the Jim, classroom, etc.
But pack my bags and deep-cleaning is exactly what I did, and in the RAIN! How sentimental is that, eh?
And gosh, did I crave beer or what? By the night before's ending celebration I was already craving beer like nothing else, but it just got worse and worse until all I could think of was beer in great quantities. As soon as I got home, I ran down to the nearest 99 and bought myself some drinks and celebrated with dear Yuriko till sunrise! It's good to be Home. FDTP was great, but there really is no place like Home. At least for me. I mean, the moment I stepped out of our Home's elevator, and the teens pounded me with hugs and so much love, my camp-blues were just a faint memory of the past. I don't think I even had camp-blues to begin with, and if I did, they probably lasted for, max, 3 minutes. This is probably due to the 2 hour bus ride with Eman and Keigo where we bonded over the memories and coolness of the Academy, which was totally fun, and at Tokyo station, Yuriko picked me up and brought me Home. Yup. No after-camp-blues. Life is so damn good!
And my from tomorrow, my week-long vacation begins, and I'll be going up to Akita to chill with my family. Yasu and Dawn will becoming with us. It's gonna be great! Cya all in a week or so.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wanna see you and talk sometime Eiko!

.