Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween 2009!! Woohoo!

Eiko syays...

I had one heck of a Halloween day.
For the first time in 3 years, I taught English at the elementary school down the block, and boy, was it exciting or what? Since it was Halloween, we decided to use the opportunity to teach the 2nd graders words that relate to Halloween, and get them to draw pictures of those words.

Me: Okay, kids, let's all say 'spider' together!!
Kids: Supaidaaa~
Me: Very good! Okay, let's say 'party' together!!
Kids: Pantiiiii~ Gahahahaha! Pantiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii~
Me: Nice. Okay, what about 'pumpkin'?
Kids: Pampukiiiiiiiiiiiiin~
etc. etc.

I thought my ear drums would fail me. Those kids really know how to use their vocal cords to kill!! Especially the boys. They shouted out every word, as if I weren't a few paces away from their little mouths, as if I was on the opposite side of the world! I fear my ears will be dysfunctional for life!

Whatever.

Teaching English to a rowdy bunch of 2nd graders isn't something that comes up in my schedule so often, and I appreciated the change. I had fun. And most of all, I'm thankful that I taught English this morning because seeing all the Halloween pictures the children drew got me into the Halloween spirit, which got me organizing a Halloween party for the teens in our Home.

I baked a pumpkin cake and a banana cake, and got some games together to play. I was thinking of the whole, *dressing up* idea, but we had just done that a while back, and I wasn't really up to going through all the trouble myself, so I junked that. I was also thinking of dressing us all up in freak-ass clothes, and 'trick-or-treating' the Home Members, terroizing them till they give us a year's worht of treats, but the majority of the Home isn't really home right now, so that had to be junked as well. Telling scary stories also crossed my mind, but honestly, they're over-rated and lame. So we kept the party simple. But we all had a load of fun. I think we all especially enjoyed seeing Akari glug down a glass of Yuriko's-special-batsu-game-drink! Akari had lost a certain game, and it was the perfect time to see her down the 'loser beverage'. The batsu-game-drink looked putrid, and Akari looked like she was in quite a bit of pain! After Akari managed to swallow down the putrid stuff, she shook her fist in Yuriko's face and told her she nearly puked! Yuriko will never hear the end of it!! LOL!

Well, that's it for now. But here's a tiny little update on how things are over here... well as I'm sure you can imagine, there are gomi bags of garbage and forsake all clothes everywhere! Yuriko and I started purging through our belongings just a few days ago, and we already managed to fill up 5 gomi bags up with pure junk!! And this is just the beginning stages of purging! Just wait till we actually start packing, and then cleaning up after the furniture is moved out of the way! I estimate 10 gomi bags each. And it really amazes me how we managed to stuff all this fluff in the limited space our room offers. It's a mystery. Or a black hole.

No comments:

.