Thursday, April 22, 2010

balance

Eiko says...

It's so easy to let your physical and spiritual health go down the drain when things are crazy busy, and when there is no end to the things that have dead lines etc., but I realized that if you really do let go of your physical and spiritual health, and you try to become a human fix-it-all-machine, you come to the sad realization that there really is no end to the things that have dead lines, and the very best you thought you could offer will never be quite enough. And that really sucks.

Ever since the end of the Kids Camp, and getting sick, and moving to Lodge Home, I had pretty much lost all the balance in my life, and everything was suffering for it, and I realized that I was getting a lot less done than I could have, had I been taking proper care of myself, PLUS I was miserable because of it!

Being that our Home is trying to open a cafe and also being extremely short-staffed, with the Home to run and children to educate and care for, even just taking a few moments off for yourself seems quite selfish. But I realized that if you don't prioritize right, than you will just be a human-chicken with your head chopped off, accomplishing very little, and feeling like a ... well, a human-chicken with your head chopped off!
A.K.A STRESSING-ZOMBIE, READY 2 COLLAPSE!
Sad.

Anyhow, after a long day of baking for the cafe opening, and organizing a very unorganized and dirty kitchen all the way till 10:00 PM, my body was literally begging me to take better care of it. I decided to listen, and although it was quite late, I decided that a work out was a MUST!
After the work out, I felt like I was on the top of the world! The contrast was amazing!
Must get the balance back.
It makes the world of a difference.

If you've been cutting back on sleep, take a nap. If you've been neglecting exercise, than dedicate a chunk of time for it. If you'be been cheating on Jesus by putting other gods before him, well, that's not so smart, and will eventually be your grave.

I've got a lot to learn about balance and prioritizing, but I think the situation that I'm in now is gunna help me become better @ it.
Ganbarimasu.

No comments:

.