Thursday, April 22, 2010

Cafe Marche and Baking ... stuff...

Eiko says...

I open the door to the 3rd floor where we bake all of the cafe's yummies, and I'm hit with the sickeningly sweet smell of sugar, vanilla, and chocolate, and I feel nauseous. After being in the kitchen all day baking cookies, muffins and the like, I feel sick just smelling anything in the baked-snack category! The worst part about the whole deal is that my room is situated right next to the kitchen, so I can't really escape the smell without breathing, and since not breathing is NOT an option, I am forced to smell everything that I've been baking all day. PLUS, the smell is in my hair and clothes!! Definitely no escape there!
I would open the windows wide for ventilation, but Mr. and Mrs. Narita don't like the warmth of the room escaping, and therefore, I am stuck in a stuffy, sweet-smelling kitchen, suffocating... slowly... slowly...

Like I mentioned before, we are extremely short-staffed. It's no secret. After giving the kids devotions tomorrow, I have 10:30 AM till 5:00PM to get as much baking finished as possible for the next day, and from 5:00PM till 10:00PM, I have a shift at the cafe. Everybody else is cooking the Home's meals, doing clean-up duty, taking a 5~7 hour shift at the cafe, teaching and caring for the kids, doing the dishes, home laundry, shopping, etc.

I am going to become a complete coffee addict.

I am going to start hating anything with sugar in it very soon.

I am desperate to find a way to keep my hair from smelling like whatever I was baking. Perhaps I should wear a hat of some kind while I'm in the kitchen?

I am going to have to seriously figure out a way to get my exercise time in there... Might start waking up earlier... or there's always the option of working out after we close shop.

This is my very random Cafe Marche/Baking-woes post.

2 comments:

Rhyden said...

gooooood foooood yesss i'm hungry. :D

Unknown said...

hahaha omg you sound like me!!! I became a coffee addict at the restaurant. I drank like... four cups a day or more! But I quit. Whoopee! And I'm sick of french fries, burgers, and all those sandwiches. ugh! oh oh and I also need to find time for exercise! haha ganbarimashou!

.