Sunday, November 8, 2009

No inspiration, no can do!

Eiko says...

Check out my new art project! I was going to post the picture once I've finished it, but I highly doubt that I'll ever get around to finishing this one, as my INSPIRATION for the picture has up and died, and has left me with ZERO feelings for the picture whatsoever! (other then feelings like, 'woah, Jim Caviezel is hot!')

In these two pictures, you can see the progress I've made...and how in the first picture, the girl's ear and hair line is not in the right place BIG TIME!!


I know a lot of people who just don't understand how I can start an art project, (and it's going perfectly well, with everything in the right places,) but just...not finish it. Well, my dear friend, I simply cannot finish something that I don't have the inspiration for. I may originally have had inspiration for the picture, but if I get board of the picture I'm drawing, or lose the vision, then inspiration fizzles out, and I simply cannot finish it. Sure, I could always push onward even when I'm low on inspiration, just like Thomas Edison advises, but when you compare that 'no-inspiration' art project with the 'lot's of inspiration' art project, the contrast is frightening!

And I think I'm not the only one with this, 'no-inspiration-no-can-do' problem. Leonardo da Vinci is a classic example of this. In fact, so is my whole family.

There is, of course, the rare occasion when I pick up an old, unfinished sketch, and regain inspiration for it, and if that's the case with this art project, and I end up finishing this picture, I'll be sure to post it here, and then you all can congratulate me, yeah?

No comments:

.