Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Adachi nights

Eiko says...

I couldn't sleep last night due to a wonderful nap I took, and all I could think of was going outside for a walk. It was 1:30 AM, but late night walks with your favorite music blaring in your ears are just perfect when the temperature is going up and day time is bordering on sweaty-sticky weather.
Just about then, when I was seriously considering changing into my clothes, I heard ear-drum-tearing, horror-striking yelling and screaming going on outside, and I was instantly brought back to reality.
Reality being that Adachi-ku isn't ideal for midnight walks, especially on your own. Just a few nights ago, when I was aching to go outside for a night walk at Toneri Park, I saw a police car, parked nicely in the park entrance, and a little commotion was obviously taking place. I also go to sleep to the ringing sound of police cars and fire engines speeding past our building. I guess I'm trashing the late night walks if I end up joining Lodge Home.

But then again, back in the T.O.M Home days when I worked the night shift at Kappa Zushi, I would make the 30 minute walk back from work by myself, and it was definitely past midnight. A dear co-worker of mine kindly offered me a lift on the back of his motor bike, but somehow, that seemed more scary than making the walk back alone. NOT that he seemed iffy, ... but I guess I just have a vivid imagination. Besides, I enjoy the late night walks. But there's always the nagging little thought that it is indeed Adachi-ku, and the police men circulating the block was also a reminder of the many perverts that must also be lurking in the dark.

Hm. I still wanna go out at night. There's just nothing compared to the cool breeze, the quiet, and the deserted streets.

This is a problem.

1 comment:

C said...

I'll go out with you on night walks when I come over, no problems ^^

.