Monday, May 10, 2010

Cafe Marche Pictures

Eiko says...

Here are the long awaited Cafe Marche Pictures!!

Enjoy!!

Blueberry Muffins and Butter Cookies.
My personal favorite out of all the sweets that are baked for the cafe are by far the blueberry muffins.
We actually stopped baking the Butter Cookies, mainly because it takes too much time to roll the cookie dough out and shape them. There was nothing wrong with the taste, but time is of the essence! We mainly stick to easy drop cookies, and we freeze the batter so that we have batter on hand whenever we are all sold out.

Here are the Banana Muffins.
They have chocolate in them, and they started off to be the thing that sold out fastest. Ew! I personally hate the combination of banana and chocolate. I don't particularly like the Banana Muffins we bake and sell here, although I sort of do understand why the customers like them. If it were up to me though, I would either substitute the chocolate for walnuts, or just junk the Banana Muffins altogether.
Yup. That's me.
I usually spend at least 3-5 hours in the kitchen baking for the next day, or making cookie dough to freeze for later use. Although this isn't every night, there are times when the late customers decide to buy all the leftover sweets because they liked what they taste, and I have to re-bake everything after closing hour! (happened today) I feel a great sense of satisfaction and smugness and gratitude when almost everything is sold out, but it also means staying up until way past midnight, baking the last batch of whatever I may be baking last.
That's Mr. Takada-san, and Mr.Akiyama-san. :)
Chef and waiter.
Notice the stage in the far corner!
J.D., Sam and Aich barely fit on it! It's tiny!
Chiba Tenchou, busy in the kitchen.
The kitchen is also tiny. There's barely enough space for 2 people to move around, and there's a lot of back and butt bumping and squishing together when you try to get by somebody.
We have live music every Friday and Saturday,
but not outside... Great modeling though.
We sell a variety of stuff here on the display shelf that we situate outside of the shop.
The mothers are particularly attracted the fruit and vegetables we often sell here.
Jame's beautiful creation!
We have a table set outside for the smokers.

And this is just for decoration.

P.S

Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful mothers out there! Much love coming your way from me! Muah!

8 comments:

Yuriko said...

FINALLY some decent pictures! MORE! MORE! MORE!

Anonymous said...

lookin' good...

C said...

Oh I love the hanging sign outside and the outdoors furniture, I definitely have to come over there for some hot cocoa '-'

Rick said...

wow this looks awesome!
keep at it
you're Great!!!

Eyeliner said...

I totally agree with you. It IS awesome!
lolz

MAGO JEAN DAVID said...

What a good idea! Good coffee, yummy muffins, nice girls and staff, great!! I myself have thought about setting up a pizza place. GBY. David from Lima, Perú

Teacup said...

I need to come visit you! Yay!

Joe D said...

Wow, so nice! - Lots of hard work!

.