Monday, May 31, 2010

raining cats and dogs

Eiko says...

Boris and I go on walks quite frequently over here, for the fresh air and exercise while getting in some good sister time in the process. Today, while on such a walk, we literally waded through the potent stench of manure, and when I say, 'potent', I mean REALLY potent! As in, it could kill a cockroach! And 'roaches are said to be able to survive an atomic bomb!! It had the affect of what wasabe does to your nose and makes your eyes tear! I really want to know what exactly the farmers are feeding their crops here! It smelt like bull crap x 100!!

Anyhow, the potent stench aside, Nasu is gorgeous! I'm lovin' the GREEN! It's so beautiful.

And it's been raining almost every day since I got here, and it's SO COOL! The road right outside our house floods over, and becomes like a little river! Boris and I got our boots on and stomped and splashed through the rain and the wind and the water, like 5 year olds would, and it was SO FUN! I like rain. I like water. It's refreshing.

Remember how I mentioned I was going through a minor identity crisis in my last post? It's annoying. I'm realizing a lot more how much the changes are affecting me. I mean, up until quite recently, you were told to 'forsake all and follow Jesus,' and therefore, it was 'buh-bye' to a lot of your personal dreams and wants. Life in the Family consisted of regulations and standards that you were suppose to follow. Do good in upholding the standard and keeping the regulations and you were a good disciple. Your daily schedule consisted of 'ministries', such as JJT, Child Care, taking the kids on 'Get Out', and if you had a title, you were allotted time for that. Like, if you were in the Steering Council, or you were the JT Counselor, you had your responsibilities which you invested time, thought and prayer into.
But thanks to the Reboot, we have a lot more freedom to practice our faith according to what we each feel comfortable in and have the faith for, but the thing is, I was pretty comfortable with how things were, being that I was born and raised in the Family! That's the life I knew and was familiar with. Now, with a few posts on HIM, things have completely changed, and although I have no doubt in my mind that the changes were good and necessary, and although I'm very happy with how things are looking now, I'm a bit wobbly on my feet. There are no set rules or standards to measure your discipleship and spiritual health with. There are far few do's and don'ts. It will take some time to find my footing again.

Good news is, I'm not slightly uncertain and depressed and worrying, I am uncertain yet happyand hopeful! I'm quite excited about my future, and I'm lovin' life.

And blah, blah, blah.

cheers



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Read the Bible. "Thy word is a light unto my path".

.