Friday, February 5, 2010

After the dinner dishes...

Eiko says...

Living in Nasu, surrounded by nature, and having cows as neighbors is fun, and is a damn good breather from the smog, noise, clutter and filth of the city. But there are times when I find myself at loss of what to do in the evenings after the dinner dishes are washed and put away. It's just so quiet and dark at night here compared to how things were back in T.O.M Home. Anyway, I found my self some stuff to do before sleep time, and here's a peak into that:

*I blog.
I mentioned in a previous post that blogging is a hobby, and that hasn't changed. Since so many emotions are triggered when life takes a topsy-turvy turn, and consequently, those emotions are expressed right here, on this blog, I would say that my blog posts are probably more interesting during times of distress as opposed to times of peace and well-being. So when my posts become boring or cliche, or just bleh, then you can know that life is treating me well, and you can be happy for me.

*I draw
Well, sorta. Actually, you know what? I've come to the realization that I'm not half as bad as I thought I was at art. I was showing my art to a friend the other day, and his jaw literally dropped to the floor, and he let it hang there for a few minutes as he worshiped my drawings! I looked my drawings over to see what all the fuss was about, and I was surprised to see that I wasn't half as bad as I always made myself believe I was. I haven't attained by any means, but I can draw, and if I practice, it may do me some good in the future.

*I shower
Like, duh! Like who doesn't, right? Haha! Yeah, well, especially since I cook every day, and almost always work out, sleeping without a shower is serious business. If I feel like treating myself, I'll go for a steaming, bubble bath with some music and just soak, and soak, and soak...

*I read
Um. Not really. But Boris does, and occasionally, she'll climb out of her little cubby hole and read to me while I draw. The latest book would be "Princess Bride". The author must have had one brilliant mind to have been able to write so much meaninglessness in such a hilarious way. I also finish a few articles from the XD reading course before I go to bed. I realized that my concentration for the Word is at it's height past midnight. Weird. I know.

*I work out
Rarely though. I mean, I work out or exercise everyday, but if you find me exercising after dinner, that could only mean bad news. I'm either stressed, or moody, or depressed. Or I had one too many cups of coffee.

*I wuuub my mobile
Yes, indeed! It's my latest addiction.

*I watch films
Not so often though, contrary to popular opinion. If the movie isn't exceptionally good in some way that appeals to me, I'll leave it within the first 10-15 min. But still, good films can be quite entertaining. Sherlock Holmes was classic! If you haven't seen it yet, WATCH IT NOW!!


A MAJOR ICTHUS HOME ISSUE:

The walls are made of paper, and even then, there are hardly any walls to speak of to keep us out of ear shot of each other!! It's a MAJOR problem. If someone is doing their business in the bathroom, it's a public thing. If someone is watching a movie, or listening to music without head phones, it is also a public thing. If someone is making a call, the entire Home is all ears. If someone feels the urgent need to relieve some stress by using their vocal chords, everyone will be subjected to the noise. Let me just add "late-night-bed-activities", debates, arguments, lectures, corrections, exercising, being an 18 year old, being a 50-some-year-old, farts, burps, yawns, snoring, munching, sniffing, crying, whistling (and much much more) to the list! Hey, Dad, whadya say we build that log-cabbin in our back yard sooner then later, yeah?

5 comments:

Meg said...

Eiko..what are you going on about how ur art isn't good...or wtv...
IT'S BRILLIANT! Ur art is what you call...GOOD! gashhh...I'm like ur biggest fan okay?

Eyeliner said...

You're too sweet!
I guess it's because I was living with the genius Shiro, and compared to his art, I'm pretty...bad.

kenfrog said...

disturbing post eiko

dawn said...

LMAO Eiko! I'm seriously gna have to rethink visiting you guys up there at all until you get that log cabin built;P

Ponapple said...

"late night bed ACTIVITIES?!" whatevah do ye mean by zat eh? I meant don't even think 'bout doing that in this home. Us kids 'll be all ears.

.