Monday, February 1, 2010

backsliding

Eiko says...

I'm losing it.

I sat down at my desk last night, determined to draw up a masterpiece, but I soon came face to face with the biting truth: that I am a hopeless LOZER at art now! Getting the proportions right took an eternity, and my shading simply sucked! After an hour of my pathetic attempts at art (if you could even call what I drew art), I put paper and pencil down, and gave up.

I'm falling from grace.

It's a scary thing to see your younger siblings running ahead of you in talents that you all share. Each new piece that they draw--although absolutely breath taking--sends shivers of fear down my spine as reality bonks me over the head: if I don't keep moving forward, I'll lose what I've got. And that's exactly what's happening right now!

All I need to do to fix the problem is to get practicing more often. So, being that tomorrow is the long-awaited-free-day, I will dedicate a chunk of time to doing just that. If anything beautiful comes from it, I will let you all know by posting it here. If I DON'T post anything, ... well then, you can go ahead and assume the worst, and write me off as a has-been (or that I simply had a lazy stroke, or got hit over by a speeding car, or got eaten by monster cows... etc.)

No comments:

.