Sunday, February 28, 2010

The 4 Ws

Eiko says...

Introducing The 4 Ws

*What am I?
*Who am I?
*Where am I?
*Why am I?

If you've past your 40s, and you've caught yourself asking the 4 Ws, than you, my dear, dear friend, are entering your second adolescence, commonly known as MID LIFE CRISIS!! (or menopause, if you're female)

Much like adolescence, you will experience a change in your physical body make up.
Also, you'll be asking yourself the 4 Ws on a daily basis. Maybe even on an hourly basis if you've got it bad.
You will also find that silly things like tissue paper lying in the hall way, noises anything above a whisper, teenagers, rodents, laundry soap, kimuchi, work, luke-warm coffee, and many more things greatly annoying.
But don't worry! This is NORMAL!
It happnes to everybody, sooner or later.

But you know what I think?
I think that it's an excellent time to bond with your teenage daughter/son. Because if you think about it, you're both going through the same kind of poo-poo!

Teenage daughter:
Oh my gawd, ohmygawd, OH.MY.GAWD!! My pants that I just bought last week don't fit me anymore! What are these anyway, hips?
Menopause Mom:
Is that another wrinkle on my neck?! A wrinkle? And oh my goodness! That's the 3rd white hair I've had to pluck out this week! I think I'll have to sit down...

Teenage Son:
Leave me alone and let me concentrate on my computer game, okay? Wha?! What am I going to do with my life?! Dude, I don't even know who's staring back at me when I look into the mirror, okay?
Mid-Life-Crisis Dad:
I don't know what to do! I just don't know anymore, and I'm already in my 50s! GASP! I've got a beer belly! Where the heck did that come from?

Wow.



So, let's say buh-bye to the generation gap! Bond over weight gain, bond over the 4 Ws, bond over not knowing where life is taking you, bond over stupid questions! No need to get all judgemental and hipocritical about issues that you both can relate to.

No comments:

.