Tuesday, February 23, 2010

When you say nothing at all...

Eiko says...

You know that brilliant song that Ronan Keating sings by the title of "When You Say Nothing At All"? It's a BEAUTIFUL song, and if you haven't heard it, then you should go ahead and listen to it. And if not for the song, than you should check it out even just to check out Ronan. He's a cute one.



Well, I was listening to this song and admiring it, when my very pessimistic mind began thinking very pessimistic thoughts.

Like, woah!

Note the lyrics marked in red.

It's amazing
How you can speak
Right to my heart
Without saying a word,
You can light up the dark
Try as I may
I could never explain
What I hear when
You don't say a thing

[CHORUS:]
The smile on your face
Lets me know
That you need me
There's a truth
In your eyes
Saying you'll never leave me
The touch of your hand says
You'll catch me
Whenever I fall
You say it best
When you say
Nothing at all

Then there's another verse, and then the chorus again. And then (as if to make a point,)

You say it best
When you say
Nothing at all


over and over and over and over AND over again.

A subtle message to please be quiet?
Perhaps he's the quiet type and is easily annoyed by girls who don't know when to stop their often meaningless and unnecessary prater. But he's also too much of a gentleman to tell his girl straight out that he prefers quiet, and her mouth closed more often than not. So he decides to cushion the blow with pretty, well-strung-together words. What the heck! Let's just make it into a song, shall we?
Ta-da!!
There you have it.
"When You Say Nothing At All"

Sigh.

I really do worry myself sometimes. Really, really.

2 comments:

Isamu T said...

haha...actually i heard that song on the radio the other day and thought the same thing.

Unknown said...

...well, he is cute and his voice is not bad...

.