Monday, February 15, 2010

You know, Mom and Dad...

Eiko says...

Mom and Dad love my blog, and they regularly check for new posts, or they get me to read it to them. They think I'm hilarious. I think they are also partially afraid of finding something weird that I've written about them.
It's an excellent way of getting them to well...cooperate?

For example, when we have a disagreement, and when I'm pretty sure I'm right, or at least when I have no intentions of bending to them, I will say something along the lines of, "Okaaaaay, Mom, and Dad, you know what you'll find on the blog tomorrow. Ladydadyda!" Not that I know exactly what I'd write about them, but when anything is said with enough confidence, people believe you, and I suppose they figure I know something that shouldn't go public.

STORY TIME

It reminds me of the time when Mom and Dad, and us teens went on a camping trip together. There were 2 tents, and one vehicle, so Mom and Dad took the vehicle, and us teens shared the tents.The next morning, we all decided to accuse Mom and Dad of making a lot of "noise", and we told them we heard "everything" while we snickered and giggled and made faces.
They both started blushing, and Mom started saying stuff like, "Really? You heard us? Oh no!!" That's when we all started laughing! They just confirmed the unknown.
You see? The word is confidence.
Lot's of it.
It will work each time.

The thing is, I've got such interesting parents, and they are often the inspiration of many posts, good and bad, funny and sad, etc.etc. I may not mention their names, but often things they do or say triggers something in my brain and then I end up formulating those things into words, and they end up here.
Gotta give credit where credit is due.
Mom, Dad, tx!!

No comments:

.