Friday, February 19, 2010

wear the pants. . . much?

Eiko says...

Girls can be very conniving little things. Sure, some more than others and some less, but even the ones that seem simple and innocent connive...sometimes without even knowing it themselves!

"Baby, I think you should quit coffee"
"Hun, you really should stop alcohol, ... completely"
"I don't like the aggressive sports that you do. So, stop."
"Don't eat so much meat. I mean, ew!"

etc
sounds like innocent suggestions?

nah!

You know, when girls say stuff like that, without giving you a definite and logical reason as to why you should grant their request, then you can go ahead and ignore them. Yeah, they can be quite persuasive, especially when they give you the puppy-eye-look, and they put on the cute, pleading tone that you can't resist, and they just look so helpless and in need of you to wrap your strong arms around them and say,

"Sure, babe, anything to make you happy"

The thing is, girls want to see how much control they have over you. They want to test how far they can push you, how much you really "love" them, and when they see that you would throw away your favorite this-and-that to see you smile, they get kicks out of it. I mean, once you bend and say,

"Sure, babe, anything to make you happy"

and you proceed to grant their request, their scheming-Delilah-minds will go,

"Cooool! He quit coffee to make me happy, and coffee time is one of his favorite times of the day! How far will my man go to make me happy?"

And the camel's-nose-syndrome begins

"Hunny, I don't think you should wear your pants that way."
"Why do you brush your teeth with your mouth open? It doesn't make me happy when you do that. "
"If you run around the home naked screaming that you love me, I would really be happy"
"Why don't you go ahead and bend over and rub your bum while you brush your teeth. It makes me quite happy, it does!"
"I want a diamond ring. I would really LOVE to have a diamond ring!!"

Uh, oh!!

Not so cool.

Well, some guys are into that. They kinda like their girl wearing the pants, and they like being told exactly what to do and how. There are a lot of girls who are almost growing beards because of their masculine attitudes when it comes to relationships!! My goodness!

Anyhow, if YOU want to be the one who wears the pants in the relationship, then proceed with caution, and don't let her walk all over you. Yeah, sure, there are the times when you should be the one to bend, and let them have some fun.
There are also times when girls sincerely care, and you should take heed to their words. For example, let's say you're a chain smoker, and it's obvious that it's doing your health no good whatsoever, and the bad affects of the addiction is bleeding into your work and love life, and your girl tells you to stop, than by all means, stop!! She has a logical explanation as to why you shouldn't smoke, and most of all, she's thinking about YOU!

But you have to think a bit before you tell her,
"anything, darling".
Like, WHY do you want me to quit coffee? WHY do you think I should stop aggressive sports? WHY do you want me to junk the hat that my grandma gave me? WHY do you want me to quit hanging out with my buddies?

If they can give you sound, and logical explanations and reasons, than you should definitely consider their request. It takes two to make a relationship work, and showing love is a necessity for sure. BUT if they don't, than don't bother. Be the man!
You need to kick back and have some fun, and she needs to know that. Girls can't even cope with their own hormones and emotions anyway, so the understanding ones will understand that you will need a break from all the drama, and if they truly love you, they'll give you space and let you be yourself.

No comments:

.