Monday, February 22, 2010

S.T.E.M in black and white

Eiko says...

I was browsing Ryan's blog for pictures to draw, and out of all the sexy pictures of women in colorful poses, THIS picture of Steve jumped out at me. I could almost swear I heard it yelling, "draw me, draw me!"

So I did.

It was an easy piece to draw though. Steve has a very distinct face, and his strong features make getting the proportions right as easy as pie. But I felt like pulling all my hair out when it came time to shade up his shirt and the guitar. I'm sure you can tell where I slacked off in.

It took me 2 days to finish it, which is quite decent for me.
I personally think I got it down fairly well, aside from the guitar. Junk that. I have NO vision for drawing instruments whatsoever after exhausting myself while drawing a sax for an acquaintance. In fact, I swore to myself that I would never agree to draw an instrument under any circumstances. I guess that explains the less than perfect job I did of the guitar. Meh.

Anyway, the picture isn't scanned, so it's a bit low quality, but if you click on the picture, you'll get the full-size version.

Hope you like it.



自分が描いた絵を眺めてたんだけど、(っていうか、観察っていうか。。。)とにかく、ステムくんってかなり幸せそうな顔をして歌うよな~って思ってたの。
なんか、自分が歌っててイケメンより、歌ってて幸せって感じが伝わってくるの。マッ、わたしステムくんじゃないから実際何を考えて歌っているのか分かんないけど、それが魅力でこの絵を描くことに引かれたのかも。
whatever

7 comments:

Meg said...

OMG....
heh..Was the guitar the small kind or you just made it small?:P
...But pretty good! It looks like him alright..!

Eyeliner said...

No, it was that size...it looks small because of the angle.
Glad you like it though.

Nina said...

eiko, you are pro!

Eyeliner said...

Awwww!
That's nice of you to say!

Unknown said...

You just get better and better! Amazing!

Sharon said...

spot on, eiko! that is so steve. though, take away the guitar and mike and you wonder what he's staring at. :P

Eyeliner said...

Haha! You've got a hilarious mind!
Glad you like the pic!

.