Thursday, February 18, 2010

I finished it!!

Eiko says...

Remember the drawing of Jim Caviezel and what's-her-face I started but didn't finish because I had lost inspiration in finishing it? I had posted the unfinished version of the drawing in an older post, and I honestly didn't think I'd ever get around to finishing it since just looking at the picture gave me a mega head ache. Not that it was a hopeless picture that was out of proportion or anything. It was a fine picture with lot's of potential in becoming something beautiful. But alas, the inspiration had left me, and I thought it would never come back.

But surprise, surprise, come back it did!!!

And thanks to that, I was able to finish it up in a matter of a few hours, as opposed to weeks, or even months, had I tried to draw it when I was void of inspiration.

To refresh your memory, here are the first two pictures of the unfinished drawing.

STAGE 1:


STAGE 2:


FINISHED!!


I deserve like, 10 brownie points for this one!!
But what do you think, does it need a background? It might just be me, but something tells me that it needs a background...

7 comments:

Jen-Ai said...

I really like it!! From how it looks now I think it's perfect without a background...but, what sort of background were you thinking of?
xx -Jen-Ai

Eyeliner said...

Hey, Jen-Ai!! Good to hear from you.
Um, I was thinking of a simple back ground, probably with pastels,... but I might get lazy, and leave it as is...

Unknown said...

Great job :)

Meg said...

It needs a background! like something lightish...:P
BUT I LOVE IT! AND I LOVE JIM C.!!

James said...

I like how you show the progression. Lovely pic!

Eyeliner said...

Thanks everybody!
@ Meg
I know, right? A background would definitely complete it. Thing is, the inspiration has left me yet again, and trying to give it a background now would only ruin it. If by any chance, the inspiration decides to grace me with its presence, I will give the picture a background, and will post the finished version on the artblog.

Unknown said...

Stunning! Good job!

.