Tuesday, March 2, 2010

love ? lust ?

Eiko says...

Yeah, um.
I don't mean every word I write here literally, so please don't take everything I write as the gospel truth.
Even if I say things like, "I literally killed myself trying to finish the picture in time for blah blah."
I don't mean that I actually, literally killed myself. That's really dumb!
Crazy, exciting, and weird are words that describe an amusing read, and since my life isn't any of those as often as I blog, I exaggerate and exaggerate some more, until it sounds just right. (to me.)

Now that that's clear....

LOVE VS LUST

I don't believe in love at first site. All those lovely feelings that you feel towards that person, are under the category of LUST.
It sounds horrible, doesn't it? But it's true. And those that claim that they've experienced it first hand, well, they've got things slightly mixed up in their heads. LOVE only happens after you've seen the worst side of the person, you know their bad habits, you've seen them at their worst lows, you know all about their past, and yet you still want to grow wrinkly and grey with them. In other words, you wouldn't mind FOREVER with them, despite all the negative stuff. THAT is love, and THAT kind of love doesn't happen at first sight of anybody! All the feelings you may have felt upon first sight, or second sight, or third sight, of the person you're attracted to, are feelings of LUST! You're attracted to their charm, their fabulous personality, their sincerity, their gorgeous smile, their sexy attitude, their intellectual mind, their mysterious ways, their eyes that sparkle, yadaydayo, and you LIKE it, and you WANT it as yours! A.K.A LUST!
But feelings are very deceptive, and oftentimes, you feel so much lust that you're most certain that you're in love!

About being in love...

being in love only happens when both you and him/her are in "love" together. The feeling has to be mutual.
Imagine "love" as being a heart-shaped trampaline. And let's say you have this someone that you're most certain you could marry without second thoughts. But if their reaction to this statement is anything along the lines of, "okaaay, that's nice..." or "You mean, friends, right? Just casual, platonic friendship?" If they don't love you back, then you are jumping up and down on the heart-shaped trampoline by yourself. You're in "love" (jumping on the heart-shaped trampoline) by yourself. If this person returns your feelings, then both of you are happily jumping up and down on the trampoline. You are both in love.

Anyhow, it's rare.

And besides, human love is so fickle. Either one of you could easily say something like,
"You know what? I'm tired of jumping up and down on this trampoline with you. It's kinda squishy, and you have bad B.O., plus I've got a leg cramp. You're really sweet, and I like your smile. I still like your hair-do. I also meant everything I said. But I'm gunna take a break from jumping on this trampoline with you. It was a good run. Buh-bye!"

Ouch.

Unless it's God-given, of course. God tends to define the laws of man, and he can do the supernatural. It's called a miracle. Love is a miracle. If you find yourself jumping up and down on the heart-shaped trampoline with that person you like, if you are "in love" with someone, than you are experiencing a miracle. It's beautiful and so rare, so treasure it.

My Mom and Dad are STILL on the love-trampoline, jumping and pouncing like happy rabbits after all these years!

Sugoi!

cheerz

1 comment:

Sharon said...

great post! and very true. I like your descriptions, hehe.

.