Monday, January 18, 2010

text-book, movie-perfect PERFECTION

Eiko says...

Are you looking for "the one" ??? Worse yet, are you saving yourself for "the one"???

Stop.

Because "the one" doesn't exist. "The One" is waiting for his/her "the one", and I doubt that person they're waiting for is you.

The problem with waiting for "the one" is that you're waiting for:

(If you're a guy, change the "he" to "she". . . unless you're...yeah.)

turns on nasal, cheer-leader-voice

He's this tall
He's got blue eyes that sparkle
He always understands me
He always holds me
He kisses me just the right way
His biceps bulge attractively when he's washing dishes
He's got Jesus-perfect-abs
He's got Brad Pitt's pout
He knows how to style his hair perfectly
He doesn't mind me crying
He's got the.perfect.smile
He doesn't get tired of my mindless pratter
His finger/toe nails are always neat, clean and tidy
He knows that dirty laundry belongs in the dirty laundry basket
He knows when I don't want him in my pants
He watches love comedies with me
He understands my mood swings
He ...

BLAH BLAH BLAH!!

In other words, you want a Mr. PERFECT!

And Mr. PERFECT doesn't exist on planet Earth as far as I know.
So unless you're planning on celibacy, just quit being so freakin paranoid!!
And one thing's for sure, if Mr. PERFECT does exist, (which he doesn't) he's way too perfect for you, because perfection deserves perfection.

And you are, by anybody's standard, not perfect.

(Which is why we believe in Salvation by Grace, etc. etc. )

I rest my case.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

aw...honey...you SERIOUSLY need to CALM DOWN!!! What did I tell you about depressing blog posts? NOT A GOOD IDEA. You have to wait till you CALM DOWN before you even think of posting something on your blog. Sigh...but a guy with Brad Pitt's face and Jesus' abs is a PERFECT MAN. --Boris

Eyeliner said...

Huh?
I wrote this post after I totally calmed down! If I had written this post while I was freaking out, you wouldn't have been able to understand a word of it.
Humph!

Florence said...

But Eiko-chan, I've known soooo many perfect men in my lifetime!!! I'll maybe save one for you. Get him fast before I taint him.
Heh heh.

Eyeliner said...

lolz
I needed to vent.
but perfect men are sooo "edward cullen", ya know?
But yeah, totally.
Save me one.
;)

C said...

I want to be perfect :<
Not by your standards though.

.