Saturday, January 16, 2010

oh, the winds and the rain

Dancing in the Rain

You see, my life is a series of storms. More like a series of taifuns! The moment I see a glimpse of blue sky and sunshine, and I think the taifun's over, the next thing I know, it starts raining again, the wind begins to howl, and then after a while, I'm like, You know what? Junk the freakin umbrella! The only thing it's keeping dry is the tip of my head anyways.
So I do--like Gene Kelly in Singing in the Rain. But once I do that--junking the umbrella and stop fighting things that can't be fought, like rain and wind and lightening-- it's a form of freedom. Stop fighting the wind, stop trying to fight the rain from getting you wet, stop trying to keep the umbrella steady over your head, and enjoy the wonderful sensations of a storm!
It reminds me of the time I was at the LIM and Hiki came over for a visit. I missed him so much! The first night he stayed there was a fantastic thunder storm with heavy rain and lightening that went on till the next day. Hiki and I took a walk as we saw an opening in the stormy weather. We took our umbrellas just in case. There wasn't an excessive amount of talking. There never really is between Hiki and I. But I do remember being in 100% bliss with my hottie brother walking with me through those hilly, muddy roads to the lake, as he made his usual, slightly perverted, slightly-off comments on life. And luck had it, the storm broke out again, and before we knew it, the wind picked up again, and buckets of rain was being dumped on us, and our umbrellas were doing very little good in keeping us dry. So we junked the umbrellas, let the rain and the winds take us, and like 1st graders, we splashed our sandled feet through the biggest puddles, and the fast forming little rivers flowing down the rocky roads. By the time we got Home, we were as wet as the lake we were walking around, but I wouldn't have had it any other way.
But just imagine how boring it would have been if we had kept the umbrellas tightly in our hands, and if we were carefully avoiding puddles, just how old, cranky people do?
Don't stop living life cuz there's a storm. I mean, what would happen if your entire life is made up of storms? You'll be putting your life on hold until life passes you by! Bad idea. Junk the umbrella!!

2 comments:

MJ said...

Eiko...this post is so well written. My favorite post so far! It's so true~.

Eyeliner said...

;)

I miss youuu!!

.